Mothers Day Brunch Idea Breakfast Strata
Surprise mom this year with Breakfast in Bed! Treat her to your homemade easy-to-make Breakfast Strata. How’s that for a Mothers Day Brunch Idea?
This simple savory dish of smoked ham and spring vegetables in the Breakfast Strata can’t be beat. The prepwork is done the night before, then baked in the oven that morning for a wonderful start to your day.
Breakfast Strata Ingredients
- 9 slices bread, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 16 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Breakfast Strata Cooking Instructions
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the torn bread in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the mushrooms and green bell pepper evenly over the bread layer. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining bread pieces, then layer with the onion and ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Whisk together eggs and milk; pour over the entire pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake covered for 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until top is evenly brown.
Enjoy this Mothers Day Brunch Idea with mom this year!
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 509cal
- total fat: 32g
- cholesterol: 309mg
- sodium: 618mg
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 34.1g
Cooking Time: 50 min.
Ready In:13 hours 10 mins.